Saturday, July 20, 2013

Booksigning last week



So I went to Author Day at the Ainsworth Memorial Library this past Thursday night.  This is me at left, looking dorky.  I don't know what I was doing with my smile. I look like I'm in pain.  Anyway....

It was a lot of fun.  I met some great writers, but published and soon to be published.  One sweet person who stopped by told me about her writing works, and I really hope she keeps writing.  Her work is amazing.  I really think she has a wealth of talent.  I told her so, but I’m not sure she believed me.  


So many writers quit before they become the writer they were meant to be.  It’s no wonder, really.  This profession is hard.  There is rejection everywhere. You have to have a thick skin.  I’m still working on that part.  Reviews still bother me, which is why I no longer read them.  Yet I think about them.  I worry about a new book coming out.  I worry that I will disappoint readers.  I don’t think that worry will ever go away.  Of course it doesn’t help that I worry about EVERYTHING not just writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment