Thursday, July 4, 2013

Work in progress



So I’m spread across my dining room table:  laptop, coffee, notebooks and various folders.  It’s a mess.  My dining room is a shambles, but I don’t care.  I’m working.  I’m trying to get a book out before August, and it’s tough.  I’m ahead of schedule for the first time in years which makes me glad, but now I’m trying to come up with the back cover blurb and a tagline.   Easier said than done. 

The back cover blurb is right up there on the difficulty scale with writing a synopsis.  This is a huge book.  It has a ton of historical accuracy in it, and the plot is complicated. I am very surprised I wrote this right now at this time in my life.   

I have a lot going on. I’m working, I’m taking classes, I’m writing. I’m busy, busier than I’ve been in a long time, and here I pull this historical romance/saga out of my brain like it’s nothing. I don’t get it.  Sometimes I surprise myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment