Saturday, October 19, 2013

Update on Pan



I talk a lot about cats.  In fact, those that work with me at the day job call me the crazy cat lady because I talk so much about them.  It’s ok, though.  Cats are my favorite domestic pet, and they are my fur babies.  Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had wonderful dogs before, but cats are my first love.  I love their independence, their neurotic or docile personalities, and how they will curl up with you if you’re sick or if it’s just a cold, cozy night on the sofa with a book.  


Pandora is my newest addition.  She’s a two year old tortoiseshell that I adopted from the Humane Society.  She has an unusual condition.  She’s allergic to preservatives.  She can’t eat canned or dry cat food without getting sick to her stomach.  So…after almost a year of vet trips trying to find out what’s wrong with her…I now have to feed her fresh, preservative-free food.  Every Sunday I turn our kitchen into a chicken processing plant.  I boil chicken, rice, vegetables and blend them together and store in little containers for her meals throughout the week.  It’s a lot of work, but I want to take care of her. When I get a pet I’m in it for the long haul, for better or worse. I’ve had a lot of sick animals throughout my life: a diabetic cat, an epileptic dog, and now Pan.  Personally, I believe God brings sick animals into my life because He knows I will take care of them.  

So that’s the update on Pan.  Thank you to everyone who’s been asking about her.   She’s doing very well.  She plays, purrs like a boat motor, and I think she’s pretty happy here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment