Monday, March 6, 2017

Giving up or resurrecting the blog

I've thought a lot about giving up this blog in the last few months.  Frankly, it's becoming a pain and a burden. Yet I missed blogging.  Blogging is dead, they said. But to me it didn't feel dead. I loved reading other authors blogs, still do.  I love online writing communities.

What if I make this blog an online community?

Will I have time? Will it take time away from my books?

I'm a quirky person. I can't be like the normal authors. (Do "normal" authors even exist??) I like to goof around in real life. I can't take life seriously much less myself. 

So why not start just being myself here? Why do I have to portray, to me, a stuffy pompous romance writer???  That's what blogging has seemed to become for me, trying to be something I clearly am not.

I'm old enough. I've reached an age where I'm comfortable in my own skin.  So I'm no longer going to act like someone I'm not.  I'm going to write the works I want to write, write unafraid, simply just write.  And you should do. Be goofy. Be unafraid.  Don't take yourself to seriously.

Just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment