Blackbird

My next book will be released in early 2013.  Blackbird is a historical romance set in Colonial New York during the Revolutionary War.  I wrote this in 2003 when I was working full time and going to college.  I don’t know how I found the time to crank out a novel much less work and go to school, but I was younger and I was working my tail off night and day to pull off the schedule I was under, and I slept a lot less back then.  I wrote Blackbird in about six weeks—the entire thing long hand, having since spent more time editing it than I ever did writing the story.  Funny how that is, that the editing takes longer than getting the story out. 
Anyway, I remember sitting in class one night thinking about documents.  What if a collection of ledgers were worth a person’s life?  That’s when the idea for Blackbird came about.  That and I’d been reading a lot of Sherman Alexie’s work for my Native American literature class.  (Sherman, I still adore your work!)
Anyway, I’m excited for Blackbird’s release.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!