Booksigning

Had a booksigning yesterday at The River’s End Bookstore in Oswego, NY.  If you’re ever in the area, I highly recommend stopping.  It’s a quaint, cute little store that’s 100% devoted to indie books and very supportive of local authors. 
I signed copies of Nathan’s Return and Wicked Redemption, both paranormal romances which feature both ghosts and demons and a little bit of time travel.  Signing their own books were authors Alycia Ripley, Holly Gaskin, and Joseph Sweet, also writers of paranormal. 
We did a Q&A panel discussion answering questions from the audience about each of our unique paths to publication.  It was pretty cool, because we each arrived at the same destination:  publication, yet we each took very different paths to get there. 
Our talk quickly led to royalties and distribution and how online purchasing is so easy, yet it’s hurting independent brick-and-mortar bookstores.  We talked about the closing of Waldenbooks and Borders, and well as the hundreds of smaller bookstores and how we’re all contributing to it by purchasing books from the big chains.  I’m guilty of it myself.  Bottom line is we all want to save a buck, and sometimes we don’t even want to leave our homes.  Let’s face it:  if it’s snowing or pouring outside, I don’t want to get in my car and drive to get that latest release.  I can download it to my reading device from the comfort of my living room.  Yep.  I’m guilty as charged. 
It’s an interesting discussion, but I have no answers.  Other than I’m going to buy my books from The River’s End Bookstore.  It’s local, and they have wonderful coffee.  Perfect for warming me back up after I’ve driven through a snowstorm to get there!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!