Mermaids

The Discovery Channel aired a two hour documentary called “Mermaids:  The Body Found” on Sunday night. In 2004, a group of whales beached themselves on the US coastline as well as in a few other countries.  Among them was supposedly the body of something very human looking.   
I have to say I was skeptical, but after watching it….I believed.  I couldn’t sleep.  I couldn’t stop thinking about it.  The very existence of humanoid sea creatures.  Mermaids.  The stuff of legend.  Could it be possible? 
Because I couldn’t stop thinking about it, I Googled it, wanting to learn everything I could about mermaids, their history, if any eye witness accounts were credible.  Turns out…
Sometimes I’m so naïve.  The producers of the special called it a “documentary-type science fiction”. So it’s the work of fiction.  Not real.  The product of someone’s imagination.  Fiction.
I’m very disappointed.  I wanted to believe in mermaids, I really did. It gave me hope in some small way. Hope that stuff of dreams are real.  They still are real, dreams, that is.  Maybe they come in smaller, more subtle packages, but they’re there.  We just have to look harder for them. 

Comments

  1. The Discovery Channel ran a fake documentary? That's cheap! I'd have been disappointed too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!