Working writers

I made these yesterday.  They came out pretty good and were quite yummy.  Funny…I got directly off the treadmill and went to the kitchen and made cookies. 
I’ve been thinking a lot about what the difference is between being a hobby writer and a working writer.  Writing is work, hard work, no matter if you’re submitted to publishers or sticking your work in a file cabinet.  For me, I have to work outside the home.  I think I would go batty otherwise.  Getting out provides fodder for story ideas.  I think the creativity well would run dry rather quickly if I were to rely on just news and internet. 
So I hear this a lot.  The “Working Writer”.  Does a working writer work all the time?  If I’m not physically writing, I’m usually thinking about writing, about character ideas, plotting, etc.  Sometimes I bit of dialogue will run through my head as I’m driving to the store.  I’ve actually had to pull over and write it down before.  Does this make me a working writer? 
There are so many tags out there for writers.  What are some you’ve heard?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!