Laws of attraction

Sometimes it’s difficult to remember I’m writing romance.  I have all these elements going on with my current work in progress.  Paranormal elements, carnival elements, I even need to research the inner workings of antique pocket watches.  Yesterday, instead of doing the Black Friday Christmas shopping like the rest of the world, I was reading old newspapers online that had to do with small towns and how they welcomed or shunned carnivals in the 1800s.  Then there’s the demons.  Oh, the demons!  A whole other realm of research I must become expert of before I type The End.  It’s crazy and it’s a lot of work and it’s wonderful.
But there’s the romance.  That spark that attracts the hero and heroine.  A subtle look, a tilt of the jaw, a bold stare.  The romance has to be woven in there as I am crafting the plot of demons, old carnivals, and of course the pocket watch which drives the whole thing. 
It’s hard, and I feel like I’m sinking in quick sand, but it’s fun, and I wouldn’t want to be writing anything else. 

Comments

  1. Laws of attraction is the most fundamental laws in this universe, that everybody is using. Nice post friend, you might find my blog interesting too.
    http://successsearch.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!