Lots of work done

Sunday I got up early and braved the dreaded superstores in order to finish my Christmas shopping in one trip.  I was about thirty miles from home because I basically live in the middle of nowhere.  I brought my pretty green loose leaf notebook and my laptop and stoped at a Panera Bread in the city.  It was late morning and the place was  packed.  I ordered coffee and a four cheese bagel and found a small booth in the back corner where I unpacked my notebook and laptop.
My current work in progress involves a pocket watch, an old one at that, and because I have know nothing about antique watches, I have the green notebook full of reference material; information on watch gears, manufacturers, how to take one  apart and put it back together, etc.   I spread my notebook out and sorted through my pages of scribbling and sticky notes and constructed about ten pages involving watches. 
This was probably the hardest part of the story for me, something I was really dreading, mostly because I was afraid of making a mistake where antiques are concerned.  However, this morning I read over Sunday’s writing, and I like it.  I really like it.
I think the atmosphere of Panera really helped.  The white nose of others’ conversations, people reading or working on their computers and drinking coffee.  I wish we had a place like this closer to home.  My work schedule doesn’t allow me to make this drive every week, but I can’t help but wonder how much more I’d accomplish if I could.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!