Oh boy!  Big sigh…  It’s been a crazy, mostly awful few days.  Thank you, everyone, for your kind condolences and prayers.  I appreciate those so much. 

I haven’t been at the day job since last Monday, and I really miss it.  I love my job.  I really do.  I was on bereavement leave for Tuesday thru Thursday for Grandma’s death, then I had Friday as a vacation day.  We were going to go out of town to an antique car show, but due to the circumstances we cancelled and stayed home. I spent the time getting flowers ready, then putting a flower arrangement on Grandma’s grave.  It was too soon to go there.  I lost it and felt terrible, worse than I did.  Not to mention that I got into the old letters she wrote me, old photos, etc.  I realized last night that it’s too soon for me to look at those things.  Maybe in a month or so but not now.  So I put everything away and I’m going to focus on moving forward.  Grandma wouldn’t want me, would want anyone, feeling bad.  That I’m sure of.

So I’m really looking forward to getting life back to normal.  To going back to the day job, to going back to writing, to working on the house. We’re getting a deck put on the back of the house soon.  That’s going to be a lot of fun.  We’ve been discussing possibly getting a boat, a pontoon boat to be exact. Just something to get out on the water, barbecue, swim, relax.  Life is good. There is a lot of fun things to look forward to, and I’m very, very blessed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!