I'm writing a new book



So I’m writing a new book now.  It’s really coming along quickly.  This book is different, and I think right now that’s a good thing.  I think I need to branch out.  I’m still going to write the historicals and the contemporary paranormals, but I want to branch out to mainstream.  Women’s fiction to be exact.  I read so much of it now.  The book involves a heroine who is embarking on a career she knows zilch about and she’s struggling.  I’m taking her struggles personally because I’m having to talk to people in this field to understand it.  This is a good thing.  It’s bringing me into the character and making her very real to me.  I really hope I get it right.  

Getting it right is the thing that terrifies me more than anything else with writing.  The closer to release date, the more scared I become.  What if I described the process, event, whatever incorrectly?  What if a reader calls me out on it?  They’ll think I’m a loser, a fraud, a fake.  It’s nerve-wracking.  No one has ever called me out on something yet….but still I fear it.  It’s a very real possibility, especially with this book, so I have to get it right. 

On another note, I see that RWA has a mainstream chapter which is online.  I’m thinking of joining.  I’ve joined online RWA chapters in the past and never gotten much out of them.  I know that what you put into your chapter is what you will get out of it, whether it’s online or in person, and I never really put much into the online chapter that I was a part of.  So it’s my own fault.  Online takes more effort than in person.  To me anyway. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!