CNYRW Workshop



Yesterday, I drove to Liverpool for our monthly RWA meeting.  They gave a workshop on goals, making them, keeping them, planning, etc.  It was awesome.  I especially liked the part about planning.  I usually consider myself an organized person but when it comes to writing I could be a lot more organized. 
                One writer at the meeting said she keeps a log of words written every day and has been doing so for years…decades even.  She said she uses this to benchmark how long it will take her to write a certain number of books throughout the year.  If she were to have an editor ask her if she can write a novel by the end of the year, she can go back through her log and gauge whether this is possible or not.  Pretty useful stuff. 
                That’s what I love about workshops.  The sheer amount of knowledge and inspiration you bring home.  There’s something about just being in the same room with other writers.  We feed off each other; call it a vibe or whatever.  It’s pretty amazing. 

Comments

  1. I sometimes keep a log of words written, but not all the time. With me it works as tangible progress and spurs me to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could log in my words. I write on an Alphasmart mostly so it's really difficult to calculate how much I'm writing throughout the week. Sigh....I really need to get organized! How have you been, Shelley?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!