My journey using Scrivener



I bought the program Scrivener about two years ago because I’d heard it was THEE word processing program for writers.  I downloaded and let it sit on my desktop for well…since a few months ago.  Yeah, I know. I’m the queen of procrastination.  It wasn’t that I was lazy. I was afraid of it. Afraid of the learning curve. There is a learning curve to it. I read the tutorial first, was a little frustrated with it, only because well, I don’t have a lot of patience anyway, but I lost what little patience I had after reading the tutorial…then I took a class on it.  The class was online and it was a lot more user friendly than the tutorial.  I understood it.  I got it.  But I still didn’t use it. I wrote in in and I was like, meh.
My husband also writes. And he raves about Scrivener. Yesterday he showed me what he does, how he uses it and how Scrivener pushes his daily word count. I have to say I love his method. I tried it today and was able to get 1300 words in thirty minutes. I didn’t know about the Project Target section which is what pushes your word count. That, for me, sells me on Scrivener. Writers out there, do you know what I mean? 
Another thing, kind of off topic, my husband writes on a Mac and I use Windows. Mac users have a lot more options for Scrivener than Windows users do. I think most of the tutorials focus on Mac users too, correct me if I’m wrong.
Anyway, I’m going to try using it to write my current WIP, which is the longest I’ve used it. I’m actually going to give it a go, and I think I’ll like it better than Word. I also like the fact that you don’t have to format, you don’t have to paragraph tab. That’s awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!