My three favorite things




Authors have all kinds of eclectic things they prefer. Maybe it’s a pet or a photograph of a special someone sitting on their desks. Here are three things that inspire me to write:

Planners.  I love planners and journals. I spend hours in my local Barnes and Noble looking at all the pretty and practical styles and designs. I currently have a planner with large blocks for lists on each day. Lists, for me, get things done. It’s my way of breaking a huge task or tasks into small, manageable pieces. I don’t know where I’d be without my planner. 


Native American research.  It’s no surprise that I love Native American culture, especially northeastern Indians during the Colonial period. The clash of cultures and influences of blending races is so interesting and a source of storytelling inspiration for me. Sometimes just opening one of my reference books will provide a new story idea just from reading a couple of paragraphs.






Coffee. Yes, the nectar of the gods! I have a Keurig which I wonder now how I ever lived without. My favorite coffee is Caribou brand or Eight O’Clock.  I’m also fond of anything Starbucks. Coffee is the first thing I reach for every morning and one of the last things I drink before bed (which explains my insomnia!)


Readers and authors, What are your favorite things?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!