Try something new


So I went to my first massage recently.  It was a Reiki massage.  I thought that it would help with the back pain I’d been suffering from. I had back surgery in 2015 and have had constant pain ever since blowing out my disc prior to the surgery.

I wanted to believe in the power of healing energy, and I had no idea what to expect.  I think I went into the appointment with the wrong attitude.  I was skeptical plus I couldn’t shake the feeling that I was being selfish.  I was paying a lot of money to try this out.  I felt guilty.  Hugely guilty.  The money I was spending on this could have gone to paying a bill.  I had no right to spend this solely on myself.

So I went in feeling guilty about spending the time and the money on myself.  And I felt nervous.  I didn’t want someone touching me.  I’d have to meet a stranger.  I was nervous about what she would think of me.  I don’t know why, but that’s me.  I’m always terrified meeting new people.

They first greeted me upon arriving and gave me a glass of water.  They didn’t explain why the water, so I thought that was a bit weird. Turns out, which she explained to me at the end of my massage, was that they believe water helps conduct energy, thereby promoting the positive energy to come to you.

I don’t know…I wanted to believe. I really did. Granted the table was soft and heated like a large heating pad, and she had dipped her hands in lavender oil which smelled wonderful and was relaxing. But as far as the power of healing from a non-hands on approach.  I…I just don’t know.

But I tried it.  Would I go back? Doubtful.  But at least I opened my mind up to give it a go.  And that’s what life is all about, experiencing new things, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luna and the golf ball

Patience

Stranger is his Bed is now free on Amazon Kindle!