Wednesday, November 1, 2017

I set some goals


I have a confession to make. My husband helps me stay on track with my writing. If it wasn’t for him, I’d be lost with self-publishing.  Correction: if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be self-publishing at all.  In every sense of the word, you could say he was my designer, formatter, developmental editor, everything.

So we were talking on the way to the city the other day. I told him I need to write at least four books next year. Sure I’d love to write more but with the craziness of life at the moment, four is a good start for me right now.  Maybe not always but right now.
So we were breaking down how long it would take for me to write the four books. This is where I struggle. This is where I have not take of the creativity hat and put on the business hat. Four books is doable if I’m smart about it. I need to break it down how many words I need to write per day to accomplish this. Based on the size of the books, I need to write about 1000 words per day. That’s about an hour a day for me. Granted, I don’t always put out 1000 words per hour, but I do on the average so that’s a good benchmark.

So yeah, making goals is exciting and a whole lot less intimidating when I break it down in small chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment